Friday, March 8, 2013

Love is in the air

I am not such a fan of Valentine’s day..but because I see so much ‘love’ around me I thought of making something for my hubby dear!
Since I am such a hoarder when it comes to craft supplies, I have a moderate collection of designer paper punches. So I decided to put those in use. 
Here's what I did : 
  • Sketched a bare tree
  • Punched out a bunch of hearts
  • Stuck them randomly on the tree
  • Got Shamoni to help me with the tag line
  • Voila ! V-day card done! 

My V-day obsession didn't stop at the card, I got myself to do some more work. I got my box of quilling strips and ended up making this 3d cake ! 
This was my first time at 3d quilling. I used the curling coach to make the cake. It helped me a lot, since I was able to manage working with a lot of strips together. The strips I used for the cake were dark yellow and red color which were 3mm wide and 17 inches long. The number of stripes I glued for each layer, starting from the bottom are as follows : 
  • 12
  • 3
I worked on each color separately, then glued them all together to make a 4- tier cake! It didn't really look like a cake, especially not a Valentine's day type of cake! So I decided ..what better to add than little hearts all over! :-) I took dark magenta color strip, cut them to get 1.5mm width and made inward facing V scrolls ( basically heart shaped ).  I look forward to making more 3d quilling projects and I will post them soon! 

-Smriti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips