Sunday, March 10, 2013

Earrings and a Pendant of Clay for St Patrick’s Day

As promised in my previous post here I am once again with my Polymer clay project and I’m excited to share this interesting project or shall I say mini projects *smile* with you!
Polymer clay though a lot of fun can be quite an expensive hobby as the cost of the clay itself is quite a bit plus the tools, additional findings and enhancers all add up! So I am always on a look out for discounts or sales on clay and clay tools. Most craft shops in the US do have discounts, sales or clearances regularly on their polymer clay counters, so do be on a look out! 
I was at Jo-Ann last week and I picked up a 2oz Lime and String Bean colour Sculpey® packs for 30 cents. I actually bought them because of the price, but as soon as I walked out of the store I started thinking of what I could do with these colours and it struck me that we were not too far from St. Patrick’s Day… and oh what luck to have two great shades of green!!!
  • My first project is a simple set of shamrock earrings.
  • Each earring is made with three heart shaped leaves and a triangular stock.
  • This is stuck to flat pad earring post with some liquid clay
  • Now backed as per instructions on the clay pack
  •  A coat of silky glaze 
  •  Final touch of sparkly stud with a quick glue
And there! I am ready to wear some luck on my ear!
Now that I had the earrings I needed a pendant to wear them with for the St Patrick’s Day parade!!!
This one has a little leprechaun peeping out of a pot of gold. This was pretty much done in a similar way as the earrings except sticking it to flat pads; an eye pin was used on this one instead… and I had a cute pendant to go with the earrings!
And so I walk out with my new earrings and pendant this St Patrick’s Day and hope the good luck always comes my way!!!
- Shamoni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips