Homemade gifts in a jar are super fun, frugal, pretty looking and exciting gifts to share with everyone! The fun part is when you have a great idea for the gift in a jar and put this special gift together all by yourself. You can be prudently smart at picking things you want to add to your jar or make them yourself too. The pretty part is the fact that you can decide how you want to decorate or enhance these gift jars and exciting because people who receive these homemade gift jars definitely love the efforts and the git jar itself!
There are endless possibilities when making these gifts in a jar. They could be yummy edible gifts like cookie mixes, cake mixes, beverage mixes, syrups, jams and so on. You can also make your own bath scrubs, spa mixes. You can make your own theme kits by adding various products to the jar and packing it attractively too!
What do you need?
- Empty Glass Jars with lids (Mason jars or any that you may have at home)
- Recipe & its ingredients
- Gift Tag or Card Stock (you can make your own tag)
- Funnel or Coffee Filter (helps you fill the jar neatly)
- Scissors, glue, double sided tape
- Decorative material - Ribbons, yarn, twine, fabric, patterned paper
- Recipe or index cards
How do you make these?
- Choose the size of the jar (tip: most recipes call for a 1-pint or 1-quart jar).
- Measure out ingredients and fill the jar using the funnel and make sure the layers are flat and packed down (Tip: Unless the recipe specifically says otherwise remember all light powdery ingredients such as cocoa, powdered sugar or flour should be place at the bottom of the jar, coarser or heavier ingredients such as granulated or brown sugars would come next and the last layer should consist of chunky ingredients such as nuts, cereals, candy pieces, or dried fruit)
- If you are putting together a kit and not a recipe, simply add all the products into the jar carefully so that they are visible and spaced out neatly.
- Add in a recipe or index card if necessary, you can add in a handmade note too
- Create attractive covers for the jar lids using fabric to cover the lid or patterned paper or add a ribbon to the gift tag.
There you go! Your gift in a jar is ready!!!
I am totally in love with this idea and have tried making some myself and you can read about one of the gift in the jar I made here. I have come also come across many more delightful ideas which I would love to share with you!
1) Cupcake in a jar - A Sparkley Silver Lining
2) Brownie in a jar - Obviously Sweet
3) Cookies in a jar - Obviously Sweet
4) Coco in a jar - Sunset
5) Shortcake in a jar - Blissfully Domestic
6) Energy packed jar - Healthy Coconut Blog
7) Salad in a jar - A Beach Cottage
8) Soup in a jar - Food Network
9) Housewarming in a jar - Healthy Coconut Blog
10) Spa in a jar - The Gunny Sack
I hope you are inspired with these ideas... if you have some new ideas or thoughts let us know!