Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cross Stitch Card

Since I have grown up seeing all ladies on my maternal side of the family always keeping themselves busy with sewing, embroidery, crocheting, stitching clothes for the kids, etc., I think it was very natural for me to develop an interest in the same. My mom used to get me some long stitch kits during my summer breaks since that was the only way to keep me home for a few hours.

When I moved to the US, my first visit to the craft store here was at Micheals. I got my first cross stitch kit and it got me addicted. I did several cross stitch projects in the next few months. I had some  leftover Aida cloth and I decided to use them for making greeting cards.

This is how I went about making the card :

I cut 14 count Aida cloth in 3X3 inches and made this design (from here
After this was done, I had to make a card to fit in the design.
I took a 12X5.5 inches paper, scored it at 4 and 8 inches.
I needed to make a window for the cross stitch to show ( Aperture card ). I took the Sizzix die and ran it through the Big Shot die cutting machine. I taped the die on the card, so that it wouldn't move. 


Then I positioned the cloth.
I put double sided tape to stick the cloth and also on the left flap of the card. 

Next, I folded the left flap over , this way the back side of the cloth will hide and give a clean look to the card.

In my later posts I will share some cross stitch basics.

-Smriti.

2 comments:

Blogging tips