Saturday, March 23, 2013

होली है !

It's going to be my third Holi away from home and I miss all the fun I used to have. I have some awesome memories of playing holi with my family and friends. Holi celebrations used to begin a week before the actual Holi day with competitive water balloon fights every evening. Eventually we out grew all that and then it was all about colors, good food and music. Even though the celebrations lasted for almost a week, it felt like they got over too soon. And cleaning up the color off the face and hair took almost the same time.

So I thought it would be a great idea to come up with a recovery kit for the Holi addicts.

I took a 12X12 cardstock paper and scored it on all sides at 4 inches.
Then diagonally scored the 4 corner squares.
After the scoring was done, I folded the diagonally scored squares in.
To finish, I folded all corners and pushed them at the center, punched holes in each of them and tied a ribbon to hold it together. That's it the basket was ready.


I added some pattern paper to match with the base paper.
This is a 3X3 cross stitch tag I made for the kit.
I filled it up with all the things you will need to play Holi without worrying too much about the after effects! I also made a small "user manual" to go with the kit :-)
I hope you have great fun with colors and craft this Holi.

-Smriti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips