Thursday, April 25, 2013

Small Card Big Meaning


We spoke about making personalized gifts here and just like any personalized gift, handmade cards are always a one of a kind token to give someone to let them know how that they are special!  
Making a card can be lots of fun and can turn into an enjoyable hobby for you, your family and even your kids. As a beginner you really do not need elaborate machinery or embellishments. You can easily start making a card by using simple card making kits or even by assembling cute knickknacks you may have ready at your end. There are some interesting sites which can help you with card making by providing you with kits or ideas and here is a good site for all the beginners. There are also many boards which you can follow on pinterest to gain inspiration.
 
All you really need to put a card together, is some paper (you can start with a humble white paper or some good cardstock paper which have several varieties in colour or texture), an adhesive, a scissor, some sketch pens, if you have some add-ons and loads of imagination and enthusiasm.
I made a modest card for my friend’s birthday and I will love to share this one with you.


I had the brown ribbon and some cut open stock paper with a fall script print which was in the shades of brown and ochre and hence I decided to select the light beige shade for my card base. I additionally had some fall leaf cut outs in the shade of red and green which went well with the warm colour family of the card and added some softness to the card. I also had a cute bird stick on which was also in the warm yellow, red and green family and went perfectly with the leaves. I assembled the card together one layer at a time (sometimes you can draw on a blank piece of paper a design of how you would want your card to look like… it helps!) Once I had my basic design ready, adding the sticker etc, was optional and you need to decide how elaborate or simple you would like your card to be.

 
Once the card was ready, I used a simple sketch pen to write down my message inside and a cute personalized card was ready! (If you are not sure about your writing, you can print the message on a paper and stick it inside as well)

We would love to see and feature your cards here as well… so do share them with us.

- Shamoni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips