Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mother's Day

It's super late for this post, but nonetheless, I will share this with you. Mother's Day or not, its always a good time to make Mother's feel good.

I wanted to create something that would revive all her memories of the various trips we have made together. After some brainstorming I came up with this ....

I took my Big Shot die cutting machine and used this die. These were the flowers on which I decided to stick her pictures. I used the smaller dies for cutting out the pictures.
I made 4 big flowers for which I needed 8 cutouts (front and back of the flower). I needed the flowers to be a little sturdy so I cut 8 more shapes from cereal boxes. I made 3 flowers using the smallest size die.. for which I needed 6 cutouts. I used bamboo skewers for the stems. 
I colored the stems green with acrylic paint.
Once the stems dried, I stuck them between the flower cutouts.
The flower size was big and the stems looked out of proportion. So I wrapped up lots of green tissue paper to give it volume.. and also added some leaves using the leaves dies. I embossed the leaves using the embossing stylus and an embossing pad. Alternatively, you can use an old leather diary(something soft under the paper) as the embossing pad and for the stylus you can use a round surface like the back of a pen. 
The small flowers I made for the bouquet were stamped with the alphabet stamp set with the word 'MOM'.
On one side of the flowers I wrote some quotes ..which were so apt for my Mother.
It all came together like this..

Hope this inspires you to create something special for your Mother. Do remember to share your creations with us. 

-Smriti.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    this is great stuff. but one quick question.. where did you insert those stems ? is it like a sponge or something ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shruti. I have placed green floral sponge and covered it win green tissue paper and then inserted the stems. Another option is styrofoam balls, but they aren't environment friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips